Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Things are heating up!

Yesterday, our cute UPS man Armando brought by our new propeller. Shiny black freshly painted reconditioned used propeller. Fits perfectly. I tried it because I didn't believe it would. Tim was worried (excited?) that we might be in countdown mode so he rushed off to Santa Fe to buy some batteries for the kitty collars, deposit a check, go to the MVD to get a copy of the VIN number inspection form and then to the MVD Express to see if they are saving us a 2009 registration sticker (they aren't). Meanwhile I went out to the mailbox about every twenty minutes to see if the title had arrived from Maryland. Ralph the mailman was off duty today, though, and the other guy was slow so the mail arrived late. But the title got here! Along with a few loose ends--a yellow pennant that will fly from the top of the gunter (the thingie that holds up the top of the mainsail since the sail is a quadrilateral not a triangle), a transparent dry bag for the "yacht" log, and a snap shackle to connect the jib to the stemhead (arrrrgggh, mateys! Got your sealegs yet?). We also got two yards of sail fabric for repairs (what was I thinking? I could make a whole mizzen sail out of two yards). When Tim got back from Fanta Se, he vacuumed out the Nissan (about 3 years' worth of sand and gravel and a bunch of old pens and pencils and lip balm containers), while I went to the store to get some ziplocs for my wool that is getting moth-eaten, more lithium batteries (I am having doubts about our solar panel), and some chlorox for our seaside dish-washing. This evening, I organized my knitting projects. I always try to keep it to a minimum on the knitting, until the last minute, when I start fearing I won't have enough to do. Tomorrow I get to do the duty at MVD Express. Barring more issues, we should be rolling SOON.

No comments: