Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Off to Mexico again

It looks like we'll go to Mexico earlier than we were figuring. My recent PET scan shows tumor activity, and my oncologist recommends I start chemo again within three months at the outside. We had planned on a March trip to the Sea of Cortez but we have moved it back to ASAP. So of course we had another bummed out Thanksgiving. And it kinda puts a damper on Christmas. But heading to the beach perks me up! Basically, Valdesca is ready to go, except for some modifications I need to make to her new cushions (which I made this fall but goofed up).

Beyond the cushions, there's not much else to get ready. This is kind of push button now. Of course, I need to get our Mexican fishing licenses and Mexican vehicle insurance. And our Mexican entry cards. I have to shop for food and supplies. We'll stop in Tucson and get the outboard tuned up. No bottom paint this time. And no new paint on the deck boards. We gotta get.  Fortunately, we have our super-duper trailering cover. Check it out.

I probably already posted that, but I'm STILL proud of it!

Getting ready for Christmas, I wanted to send out some DVDs of our sailing videos, which made me get back to work on our summer 2011 Maine video. The video is embedded below and here is the youtube link.


I didn't take very many photos at Lake George this summer, meaning I am not going to have much to show from that trip. My sister Jean was the shutterbug so I gave myself a week off.

The idea this year for the Sea of Cortez is to trailer Valdesca to Bahia San Luis Gonzaga and sail from there. We would like to be near a place where access and egress is relatively easy in case we have to head back home in a hurry. There are islands off the coast that we can visit. We can sail both up and down coast depending on what the weather deals us.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. I wanted to tell you that I'm a fan of your blog and have enjoyed reading about your adventures aboard Valdesca.

David

Moxie said...

Wow, I love your boat! I am from coastal Maine but living in Seattle now. I had a few questions about your boat. Is there an e-mail or phone where I could reach you?

Sean
207-607-3777
seanpatch@gmail.com